Church Health... Refocusing... Transformation... ReVision...
There are lots of terms to describe ways to equip existing churches for accomplishing God's mission. No matter what term you use, our passion and focus as we fulfill the Great Commission in the spirit of the Great Commandment is to multiply disciples, leaders and churches that are: missional, intentional and accountable. The General Department of Evangelism and Church Growth equips leaders and churches to develop missional "A*C*T*N" Plans (Assessing, Coaching, Training, Networking) that empower people to go deep with God, go deep with each other and go deep into the harvest.
ASSESSING CHURCH HEALTH
E&CG offers a free assessment tool and follow-up resources churches can use for measuring twelve church health factors:
- Divine Enablement …The healthy church recognizes God’s sovereign role in building the Kingdom and joyfully seeks and expects His Holy Spirit’s work in and through the Body of Christ.
- Pastoral Leadership …The healthy church is led by a pastor who demonstrates the calling, character and competence to help this church achieve its God-given purpose and shared vision.
- Christ-exalting Worship …The healthy church magnifies Christ by providing worship experiences that engage the whole person and lead the congregation into God’s empowering presence.
- Effective Evangelism …The healthy church embraces its mandate to multiply passionate followers of Jesus Christ and healthy churches.
- Ministries of Compassion …The healthy church actively expresses the love of Christ through generosity and service to those in need.
- Loving Community …The healthy church practices genuine care for one another while embracing new people and valuing their inclusion in the fellowship.
- Maturing Faith …The healthy church nurtures spiritual maturity that shapes biblical beliefs and transforms behaviors consistent with a holy life.
- Personal Ministry …The healthy church expects and equips its members to discover, develop and use their gifts for fruitful ministry.
- Leadership Development …The healthy church identifies, trains and empowers persons called to and gifted for servant leadership.
- God-honoring Stewardship …The healthy church teaches and practices biblical stewardship and provides opportunities for generosity in time, talents and treasurers.
- Outward Focus …The healthy church reaches into its community and the world as compassionate, culturally responsive, disciple-making ambassadors of Jesus Christ.
- Vision-directed Systems …The healthy church has its varied ministries focused and working together around the central purpose of fulfilling its vision.
Check out these resources, processes and opportunities to become more effective. People longing for a relationship with God are waiting for us!